STATEMENT ON THE RENOVATION OF PTA-ALUMNI HALL AND CALLING IT THE MHPNHS BAHAY ALUMNI
To Dr. Malcolm S. Garma, Director, Region III, Department of Education
To Dr. Amancio S. Villamejor, Jr. CESP IV, Schools Division Superintendent, City of Malolos
And to the students, parents, employees, and faculty members of MHPNHS
This is to clarify the disinformation being peddled by the MHPNHS administration regarding the plans of the MHPNHS Alumni Association (MAA) for the renovation of the alumni hall which was built in 1988 out of the funds contributed by the students, parents, and alumni of the school.
- The MAA plan is to fully renovate PTA-Alumni Hall calling it the MHPNHS Bahay Alumni, to house an alumni office to serve visiting alumni, DepEd officials, and other guests of the school. It will also have a coffee corner to serve coffee for FREE to the visiting DepEd officials and school VIP visitors; and to the visiting alumni for a minimal alumni coffee donation.
- The MAA will grant study-now-pay-later financial assistance to teachers taking masteral and doctoral degrees in reputable and genuine institutions of higher learning, and to poor but deserving Grade 12 graduates, especially children of teachers.
- The PTA-Alumni Hall—the function hall—will be renovated with an air-conditioning system in place for the use of STUDENTS and TEACHERS of MHPNHS for FREE, and for the alumni groups in their gatherings with minimal charges for electricity and maintenance.
- The PTA-Alumni Hall will also house the offices not only of the MAA but also of the PTA (Parents-Teachers Association) and FEA (Faculty and Employees Association).
- The PTA-Alumni Hall will also be used as a mini-museum for the memorabilia of Bulacan High School – MHPHS – MHPNHS.
- The use of PTA-Alumni Hall turned Bahay Alumni will be supervised by the school and not by the MAA (only the alumni segment will be supervised by the MAA).
Raffy de la Rosa
President, MHPNHS Alumni Association